Dennis Hogan started construction of the Hogan’s Hotel in 1880. He was convinced that a train would be running through the area. It took four years to haul brick from Belleville with a team and wagon to the construction site. James his son made all of those trips to Belleville with his father. The train station was located on the Stoney Settlement Road next to Hogan’s Hotel. The Hotel is privately owned today and still stands with it’s original signage.